Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ART ART

Accidental discovery of the week: Monet's water lilies. Check that off the list of life goals.
Also one of my favorites, Cezanne, above, was everywhere at the same free museum. How convenient.

I'm trying to practice art more while I'm here. I've been on creative burn-out since school last year. But I think there's a certain note of distinction when someone asks where a piece was from and you reply, cooly, Oh, I did that one in Paris.
Corrie Andrews, you are the epitome of shallow motives.
Also something I noticed: not every last picture in the museum was extraordinary. So to become a master maybe I just need to be prolific, because they certainly were.


2 comments:

  1. I've looked at some paintings and thought to myself, seriously, someone bought that, obviously it was only for the signature.

    But I'm glad they kept painting and made the great and beautiful works too.

    Love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU CORRIE. "Oh I did that one in Paris." Perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Find Something.......